According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Intrathecal Pain Pump Market was valued at USD 238.2 million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 368.4 million by the year 2026, at a CAGR of 5.6 %. Intrathecal Pain Pump are intrathecal drug delivery systems which provide anesthesia and analgesia. ITDD systems consists of a catheter attached to a pump, and the pump is an external device or an implanted system that involves therapy and drug diagnosis.
The growing prevalence of sclerosis, mobility abnormalities, spinal and brain traumas, and cerebral palsy is driving the demand for Intrathecal Pain Pump. Throughout the anticipated period, the expansion of the industrial sector is predicted to be boosted by an increase in the number of elderly people and long-term treatments for brain injuries and spinal pump devices. Over the forecast period, the advancement of medical equipment and devices as well as an increase in chronic diseases among the elderly population are likely to support market expansion. Technological advances and coupling of external devices with pumps that enable minimal medicine dosages increases the market expansion during the projection period. In developing nations like India and China, the spinal pump industry is expected to increase because to supportive government initiatives, improved healthcare infrastructure, and a sizable patient pool. In November 2014, Tricumed Medizintechnik GmbH launched the implantable, programmable infusion pump for baclofen therapy. Some of the side effects, such as a fluid leak, severe skin reactions, and headache, are expected to hamper market growth.
Request Free Sample Copy @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/2191
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Intrathecal baclofen (ITB) pump implantation can be used to control dystonia and severe pain associated with complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). CRPS is associated with dysregulation of the central nervous system (CNS), peripheral nervous system, and autonomic nervous system. The pathophysiology and best course of treatment for CRPS are undetermined, and treatment is evolving. Intrathecal baclofen (ITB) pumps have been used to ameliorate global pain in patients with CRPS and dystonia based on the anti-nociceptive effects of ITB.
- Medtronic plc and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. declared their collaborative agreement to develop health solutions in the area of neuromodulation.
- The pain management category led the application segment of this industry with the largest revenue share at over 69.4%, due to to the increasing preference for long-term relief alternatives and the high prescription prices associated with conventional opioid drugs used in pain management.
- Spasticity management is growing at the fastest CAGR at over 3.8% throughout the forecast period. The reason for this is rising government initiatives and recommendations, such as by the British Pain Society to promote effective drug delivery in the treatment of spasticity in adults.
- An intrathecal pump can be used to deliver different medications into the intrathecal sac around the spinal cord. Most commonly, the medication is either an opioid for pain, or baclofen for spasticity due to spinal cord injury. The use of intrathecal pumps allow medication to be given in smaller doses because it does not have to be absorbed through the intestines, like a drug taken orally, and then pass through the liver before circulating to the target area.
- The High RD intensity aimed at developing technologically advanced products is expected to propel the industry growth in the North America region, with the largest revenue share of 54.4%.
- Around 80% of the patient base with cerebral palsy (CP) most often suffers from CP-related spasticity to a certain degree. The statistics above exhibit the clinical urgency to treat spasticity, thus impelling the industry demand during the forecast period.
- Low patient compliance, the high long-term associated costs, and the rising cases of relapse associated with conventional medication methods used in the treatment of spasticity and chronic pain are expected to present the Intrathecal Pain Pump market with high growth potential.
- Maintenance of the pump is fairly routine. The pump is refilled every 1 to 3 months by inserting a needle through the skin and through a diaphragm on the surface of the pump. Several medications can be administered this way, and even combinations of drugs might be used. Because the whole system is under the skin, the risk of infection is minimized and the patient can be fully mobile and active.
- The non-malignant pain category dominated the overall pain management segment due largely to it being the major burden globally.
- Hospitals end-use segment is dominating the industry with largest share due to the increasing demand of patients for Intrathecal Pain Pump.
Key Players covered in this report are
DePuy Synthes, FlowonixMedical, Inc., Medtronic Plc, Tricumed Medizintechnik GmbH, and Teleflex, Inc.
Inquiry Before Buying @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/inquiry-before-buying/2191
Applications (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Spasticity Management
- Pain Management
- Non-Malignant Pain
- Malignant Pain
End-Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Long term care centers
Geographic Segment Covered in the Report:
The Intrathecal Pain Pump report provides information about the market area, which is further subdivided into sub-regions and countries/regions. In addition to the market share in each country and sub-region, this chapter of this report also contains information on profit opportunities. This chapter of the report mentions the market share and growth rate of each region, country, and sub-region during the estimated period.
- North America (USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France and the rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, and the rest of the Asia Pacific region)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and the rest of Latin America)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC and rest of the Middle East and Africa)
Major Points covered in this report are as below:
• The Intrathecal Pain Pump industry development trends and marketing channels are analyzed. The feasibility of new investment projects are assessed and overall research conclusions offered.
• With the tables and figures, the report provides key statistics on the state of the industry and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the market.
• Development policies and plans, manufacturing processes and cost structures are also analyzed. This report also states import/export consumption, supply and demand figures, cost, price, revenue and gross margins.
• The Intrathecal Pain Pump Market report provides key statistics on the market status of the Intrathecal Pain Pump manufacturers and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the industry.
We can also provide the customized data for separate regions like North America, United States, Canada, Mexico, Asia-Pacific, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Europe, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe, Central South America, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Middle East Africa, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Rest of Middle East Africa
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2191
Thank you for reading our research report. Kindly contact us to know more about the customization feature and plans and out team will help you with the best suited report as per your requirement.
Get Explore Latest Research Report by Reports and Data:
Wireless Ambulatory Telemetry Monitors Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/wireless-ambulatory-telemetry-monitors-market
Sinus Dilation Device Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/sinus-dilation-device-market
Surgical Drainage Devices Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/surgical-drainage-devices-market
Vitamin K2 Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/vitamin-k2-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, TouchPoints, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provide our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370